Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Problems Filter recipients in Word merge vs building Query in Acce

IMHO, Access is far superior at data manipulation than Word and I would use
a query in Access any time rather than try and do something like that in
Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Joan" wrote in message
I have an Access Database. In my Word merge document I filtered the
recipients to "Street Address not equal to blank" and "Another field
equal
to FALSE." I did not get all the records that met that criteria. I
checked
several different things including deleting and rekeying certain records.
Interestingly, if I filtered on only the "Another field equal to FALSE,"
got the expected result. If I filtered on the "Street Address not equal
blank" alone, I got unexpected results. Finally I built a Query in Access
accomplish what I need and that works. My question is - is this an issue
with Word, or is there a problem with the field name, or should I continue
look for some connection to the missing records? Thanks for your input.