macropod

Default Suppressing Merge Field and text before/after

Hi Julie,

Try:

{IF{MERGEFIELD Rubella_Due-Date \@ yyyyMMdd}= 0 "" ""We show that your auto
insurance expires on {MERGEFIELD Rubella_Due-Date \@ dd/MM/yyyy}. Please
submit proof of insurance including your name and new expiration date."}

Cheers

"julie" wrote in message
Using Word 2003, I'd like to suppress a merge field if certain conditions
exist, along with the preceeding and following text. I've been using the
MergeField options (obtained when I right click on a merge field and

choose
Edit Field): Text to be included before & Text to be included after to
combine my merge field with text.

If I look at the Field Codes after setting up my text, I see...

MERGEFIELD Rubella_Due_DAte \b "We show that your auto insurance expires

on
" \f ". Please submit proof of insurance including your name and new
expiration date."

Is there a way I can add an If, then, else to this so that If MERGEFIELD
Rubella_Due-DAte = 00/00/00 the merge field and it's preceding and

following
text is suppressed? Can I simply edit the Field Codes text to include

this?

I apologize if this is a dumb question. I'm new to conditional formatting
in Word. I'd also appreciate any pointers to good documents or books on

this
topic.

Thanks,
--