Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ProcedureWritingNerd ProcedureWritingNerd is offline

Default Copy text line from first page into different page headers

Hi all,

I'd like to copy my version number from the first page on the document
automatically into a certain field in my headers on all the following pages.
I did however split up (with page breakes) almost every page and changed each
section header. So I got about 65 different headers which should contain the
same version info that's on the first page. Doesn't sound difficult but the
standard Word help just won't understand the questions I tried (about a
gazillion right now)... Can any one help?