Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
srid srid is offline

Default how to retrieve mailmerge field name using vb.net

Hi peter,
Thanks for the detatiled info. I will give it a try. I am in the process of
rewriting an old application. The old system has so many mailmerge
features.currently we are using word 2003 and vs 2005.

Hi Doug,
Thanks for the info. I am doing more reading these days. The old templates
fields are marked with {{name}}. I have to change them to «name» (word 2003).
Mailmerge is new for me.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you want to save each document created by the mailmerge to a separate
file with the name of the file taken from a field in the data source, see
the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"srid" wrote in message
Questions:
1)in method 1 ,i am saving each merged record as a file
a)How to show all the merged records in one document with new pages or
read
the saved files and put them in one word document. Each file info should
be
in a new page?
2)in method 2,How to replace DSN info wth slq server connection string
like "Data Source=servername;initial catalog=dbname;Integrated
security=true;"
or the provider name. I am using sql server 2000
3)if I give the user an option to create a new template;
a)how to restrict the merge field values:what i mean is user only able to
see the mergefields that i created(in the dropdown box)

thanks in advance