Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Office 2007 -- Zip File Error "Office Open XML File Cannot be Open

Can you give a specific link that contains a file you cannot open?
I take it you are not trying to open the ZIP file directly in Word? You
would have to extract the files from the ZIP first.

DSacks wrote:
I've had Office 2007 for months now without problems, but just
recently have not been able to open Zip folders from a government
web site. When I try to open the Zip folder it won't open and
displays the message "The Office Open XML file [X] cannot be opened
because there are problems with the contents" . When I click on
"Details" it state that Microsoft Office cannot open the file because
some parts are missing or invalid or corrupt.

But these are files I opened fine previously, and I am now getting
this message for every zip file I try to open from this web site
(www.cms.hhs.gov). I have Windows Vista.

Any suggestions to solve this would be much appreciated.