Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DSacks DSacks is offline

Default Office 2007 -- Zip File Error "Office Open XML File Cannot be

Tony,

Thanks for the suggestion. I think that is what's happening (since the Word
icon shows in the pop up window), but when I right-click on the document I
don't get the "Open with" option. The only options are "open", "open in new
tab" and "open in new window".

Any thoughts on how to get to an "Open With" option?

Thanks

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

It sounds like you have zip files set to open with Word. Right click on one
and select Open With and, if you have a further choice, select Choose
Default. Then pick your zip program and check the box to always use it for
the type of file.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"DSacks" wrote in message
I've had Office 2007 for months now without problems, but just recently
have
not been able to open Zip folders from a government web site. When I try
open the Zip folder it won't open and displays the message "The Office
Open
XML file [X] cannot be opened because there are problems with the
contents" .
When I click on "Details" it state that Microsoft Office cannot open the
file
because some parts are missing or invalid or corrupt.

But these are files I opened fine previously, and I am now getting this
message for every zip file I try to open from this web site
(www.cms.hhs.gov). I have Windows Vista.

Any suggestions to solve this would be much appreciated.