Bee Cee Bee Cee is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post
Alt+F9 to view the field code, then edit it to change DATE to CREATEDATE.
Alt+F9 to toggle back and then F9 to update the field.

Then use a CreateDate field in your template. If by "macro" you're referring
to the Insert | Date command, note that changing the setting now has no
effect on dates inserted previously. Moreover, if you use the Alt+Shift+D
keyboard shortcut or the Insert Date button on the Header & Footer toolbar,
a DATE field will always be inserted.

http://word.mvps.org

"PM" wrote in message
Every time I open an old letter, it opens and has today's date on it. I
have
already taken out the update automatically selection on my macro. I want
see when the letter was originally sent and do not want today's date to
appear. How do I do this...thanks!

How does this work in Office 2010. When I press Alt+F9 I get no response from the keyboard. I'm having the same issue. Every old letter I open has today's date and makes it difficult to sort through correspondence.

Thanks.