Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debbie Debbie is offline

Default Modify old equations in Word 2007

Yes. I still have Word 2003 and these equations can be opened and modified
in Word 2003. It should not be the problem with my Word document since I
make a new testing document and have the same result.

When I installed Word 2007, I used the Complete option and installed
everything to my computer. I checked the Object dialog and Microsoft
Equation 3.0 exists. However, when I insert this object, same symptom
occurs. Same symptom occurs on different computers.

Thank you,
Debbie Leung

"Bob Mathews" wrote:

Do you still have Word 2003 available (perhaps on a different
computer)? If so, do these equations open in Word 2003? It could be
that if you're doing your Word 2007 editing on a new computer with a
newly-installed copy of Office, that Equation Editor isn't installed.
To verify it's installed, click on the Insert tab in Word's Ribbon,
and in the Text group, click on Object. In the Object dialog that
appears, is Microsoft Equation 3.0 listed?

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

On 17-Apr-2008, Debbie wrote:

I have some Word 2003 documents and contain equations made
with Equation Editor 3. Now I swap to use Word 2007 in Windows
Vista, but unable to modify equations in these documents.

Whenever I click on the equation, error "Microsoft edquation Editor
has stopped Working" appears. Later on it seems installing
something and need to restart the system. But this doesn't help
solving the problem.

I have tried to convert the .doc to .docx but also doesn't help.