Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob[_3_] Bob[_3_] is offline

Default Modify old equations in Word 2007

Debbie, I have both Word 2003 and Word 2007 installed here, and I
can't duplicate the problem. If you'll send me a document that's
causing problems for you, I'll take a look at it. You can either send
it to me privately or post it as an attachment to the newsgroup.

Just to make sure I understand your problem though, let me re-state
it. Correct any of my details that are wrong...

You have documents you have created in Word 2003, and the equations
were created with Equation Editor (Microsoft Equation 3.0). When you
open these documents in Word 2007 on a Vista computer, you are unable
to modify the equations in these documents. You get an error that the
Equation Editor has stopped working. Something appears to install, but
it doesn't solve the problem, and saving the document as a docx
doesn't help either. The same problem happens with a new test document
created in Word 2003.

--
Bob Mathews
Director of Training
bobm at dessci.com
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide

On 18-Apr-2008, Debbie Leung wrote:

Yes. I still have Word 2003 and these equations can be
opened and modified in Word 2003. It should not be the
problem with my Word document since I make a new testing
document and have the same result.

When I installed Word 2007, I used the Complete option and
installed everything to my computer. I checked the Object
dialog and Microsoft Equation 3.0 exists. However, when
I insert this object, same symptom occurs. Same symptom
occurs on different computers.