Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
pam dmonium pam  dmonium is offline

Default Cannot find data source

Peter,

I originally setup the document and the data was on C:\ I do not
generally do the merging, she does. So, for testing purposes, I took
a copy of her data file and put it on my c drive. The data file is in
the root, and is an export file from a vendor which she downloads from
their website. After she downloads she closes her browser, so I don't
believe anything is blocking. I have reviewed the file in a text
editor and it appears fine. Also, it merges just fine when I do it.

I tried the debug strings you suggested, and now here is something
odd... The connectstring statement crashes Word on my computer, and on
her computer it doesn't return anything. Here are the other two
strings.

Her
debug.print activedocument.mailmerge.datasource.name
C:\fcmerge.csv
debug.print activedocument.mailmerge.datasource.querystring
SELECT * FROM C:\fcmerge.csv

Me
debug.print activedocument.mailmerge.datasource.name
C:\fcmerge.csv
debug.print activedocument.mailmerge.datasource.querystring
SELECT * FROM C:\fcmerge.csv

We are indeed both connected because when I hit edit data source I see
the eight records from the file.

Neither of us hase schema.ini.

Thank you