Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Character Spacing - Condensed

The question under discussion has to do with the screen display. I don't
know that anyone has been brave enough to try to print when the document
looks like that!

"gapkid" wrote in message
Thanks! Would this also occur on the screen vs. when it prints?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

This seems to happen when Word temporarily loses track of the printer
driver. Some users report that the problem is cleared by opening the

Print
dialog, changing the selected printer, changing back to the desired one,

and
clicking Close.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"gapkid" wrote in message
Occasionally, I'll open up a previous Word document and all of the
characters/text are squooshed together on top of one another. The

only
way I
can figure out to correct it is to change the character spacing from

100%
101%, but I shouldn't have to do that, especially for each and every

document
that it happens to. What's happening with the documents?