Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Finally, a solution that works! [Squished Text]

Hi Brian,

Since you didn't tie this posting to anything, I'm assuming you're using this suggestion, to turn off Background printing, relative
to the 'squished/pile up' print issue with Word 2003?

This is one of the workarounds, (also seems to help with other print issues with HP printers in particular) but isn't,
unfortunately, always available to users in corporate environments. Switching to another printer name and back is another.

Unfortunately, it's still not confirmed in MS's testing that as on a consistent basis if it's the .tmp and .spl files leftover from
Word or the printer drivers that seem to cause this, but it's definitely worth trying

==========
"Brian Stevenson" wrote in message
After months of headaches, we have a solution! I have posted the steps and
screenshots on my blog.

http://www.brianstevenson.com/blog/?p=136

Good Luck!
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Read about it, try it, or watch the movie
the 2007 Microsoft Office system info,
online Test Drive, or downloadable beta is at
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

2. Already have 2007 Office System Beta 2?
Send Microsoft your feedback (with pictures)
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

3. Use the 2007 OfficeOnline website without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033
b. then visit http://officebeta.iponet.net