Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
[email protected] Mister.Fred.Ma@gmail.com is offline

Default Accessing table handles in normal view

When I'm in Print Layout View, my tables have handles on their upper
left corners, resembling a cross with arrowheads point toward the 4
compass points. I suspect that if I click on that to select the whole
table, actions and parameter changes will apply to the table as a
whole. This contrasts simply highlighting a subset of cells (possibly
all cells) and performing the same action. I expect that this is
important because some table formating parameters exist at the table,
row/column, an cell levels. Presumably, if it works like other
things, the more local parameters take precedence over the more global
parameters.

First, is this view of parameter precedence correct?

Second, the compass-shaped table handle is not available in Normal
View. Is there a way to make it available in Normal View?

Thanks.