Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
yclhk yclhk is offline

Default Merge Print Label

Thanks for Susanne, it may help me to work out the label sheets since I only
work for 10 teams.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The simplest solution might be to sort the Excel file by team before
beginning the merge. Then merge to a new document, which may result in some
of the B team starting on an A page, but that page is going to be incomplete
anyway, so you won't lose anything by splitting the page: select the first
row of B team labels and format them as "Page break before." If a row is
mixed A and B, you'll have to insert some blank cells, but if you have only
three teams as indicated, this is not a lot of work to do twice. If you have
more teams than A, B, and C, you might find Graham's suggestion more
efficient (you might anyway, actually).

"yclhk" wrote in message
I wish to merge print a set of labels from the data in a Excel file.

The content of the exce file:

Name Address Tel Team
ABC House1 1234 A
BCD House2 2345 B
CDE House3 3456 C
DEF House4 4567 B
EFG House5 5678 A
FGH House6 6789 C

I merge the fields from the Excel file and print the labels in the
following
form:

Name: ABC
Add: House1
Tel: 1234
Team: A

I wish to print the labels in the Team A, B and C in seperate sheets, i.e
the sheet Team A with the data of Team A ........ . I can merge the data
and print the all the labels in one sheet but how can I print the labels
in
seperate sheet with data of Team A, B and C ?

Thanks,