Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Schaffer Daniel Schaffer is offline

Default Spell checker thinks I'm French

Thanks, Terry. That did the job.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
news
SelectAll (the whole document) and go to Tools, Language, Set Language,
chose your default language, uncheck Detect Language Automatically and
then click the DEFAULT button. Answer Yes to the prompt. If you don't use
French (or any other language), I recommend that you uninstall them using
the Office Language setup tool.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Daniel Schaffer" wrote in message
I'm revising an old document in Word 2003, running in Win XP Pro SP3, and
I find that on a few pages the spell-checker thinks I'm working in
French. When I go to ToolsSpelling and Grammar, the language is indeed
shown as French. When I change it to English, it changes itself back to
French.

I'd be grateful for an explanation and help in sustaining my Anglo-Saxon
heritage.

Many thanks, Dan