Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] andreadambra@gmail.com is offline

Default How to extract email addresses from a word document or htm web page?

I'm Italian, so my word is in italian and I don't know what is the
equivalent for "use wildcards"
Thanks!

Suzanne S. Barnhill ha scritto:

Graham has given you a wildcard search term that will find all the email
addresses. Did you try the solution he gave you?

1. Use Ctrl+C to copy the search term below:

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}

2. Use Ctrl+V to paste it into the "Find what" box in the Find dialog.

3. Click More to display the rest of the dialog; check the boxes for "Use
wildcards" and "Highlight all items found."

4. Find All.

5. Click on the title bar of the document to return the focus to the
document.

6. Press Ctrl+C to copy all the highlighted email addresses.

7. Open a new document and Paste.

wrote in message
ups.com...
How do I do without knowing the e-mail addresses? There are hundreds of
e-mail addresses. The only thing they have in commun is the "@".
How do I do?
Thanks

Graham Mayor ha scritto:

The search tool will work fine for this. Use the find routine (CTRL+F)

find

[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}\@[a-zA-Z0-9\-_.]{1,}

with the wildcards box and the highlight all found entries box checked.
The e-mail addresses will be highlighted.
Close the find dialog. Then copy to the clipboard.
Open a new document and paste.

wrote:
Hello,
I'm in trouble because I'm trying to find the way to extract some
e-mail addresses that are in a .doc document I have that I also have
in txt format or .htm format
The word document is several pages and he has a lot of e-mail
addresses that I cannot just copy and past with the search tool
because they are too much.
How do I do to extract all the email addresses from the word document?
Thanks!