Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default align text center and right on the same line

For more on the differences between Word and WordPerfect, see the
"Getting Started" section at http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Glen R. Basey" wrote in message
Yes, it worked fine. The problem is the basic difference between

Word and
Word Perfect. Word was created by computer programers and Word

Perfect was
created by people who were using the typewritter to do work. So Word

Perfect
is much more intunitive and straight forward to those who learned to

type on
a typewriter and just want to get the job done in the fewest

possible strocks.

But I now understand and indeed it now works

"Annette Frank" wrote:

Worked beautifully -- thanks

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Annette Frank wrote:
I need to be able to center align part of the text in the body

of the
text and then on the same line right justify another portion

of the
text. It is not a header or footer (but looks like what you

can do
in a header and footer) but in the text body - so how do I do

this?
In Word Perfec this is called a 'hard center on margin' and

'hard
flush right' which you can do on one line of text.

Word works completely differently from WordPerfect for this (and

many other
features). In Word, you need to place a center-aligned tabstop

at the
midpoint and a right-aligned tabstop at the right margin, and

then separate
the items with tab characters. The Header and Footer styles

already include
the proper tabstops, and you can add them to any other style

(this is easier
to re-use than manually inserting the tabstops into particular

paragraphs).
See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm for

more info.

--