TDunnam

Default Updating the captions of a cross reference

I have a large doc where I need to update multiple fields based upon a master
field. I can create a caption for the master field and then use cross
reference to the master which works fine. When I update the master field by
adding additional characters, the captions update when looking at the caption
or at the cross-reference dialog boxes BUT when I update the multiple x-ref
fields they do not update. I also do not get any results by selecting the
entire doc and F9. The fields are not locked. HELP!?!?!?

I open to other ideas of making this work

Any help is appreciated!