Linda

Okay, I have deleted the line. This is what I discovered. I had to select the
whole document first, then I went to borders and selected none. Poof...gone!
Thank you

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

It's border formatting, and it happened automatically, thanks to a bit of
"intellisense" programmed into Word.

To get rid of this, select the section containing the lines, and choose
Format - Borders and Shading - Borders tab, and click None.

To keep it from happening again, choose Tools - AutoCorrect Options -
AutoFormat as You Type, and remove the check next to Border Lines (under As
You Type). Take a look at the other options here, as well, since they could
well explain other unwanted conversions you might encounter.

Cheers,

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Linda" wrote in message
I was trying to make a little seperation in my document . I wanted it to
be
something like this: ----------- Instead, I have a solid balck line that
is
reaking havoc in my document. I can't delete it and it seems to multiply
if I
try to move it. What is this and how can I be rid of it.