Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
angie angie is offline

Default Inserting Cross-References in Word 2007

All headings except Heading 2, which is the only heading I've used style
separators.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do the headings show up as "Numbered items"?

"Angie" wrote in message
I have been using Word for years but I am new to Word 2007. I have styled
my
document using Heading Styles and Style Separators. I am now trying to
insert cross references for my auto-numbered paragraphs (Article I,
Section
2.02, (a), (i)etc. etc). When I make an attempt to insert a
cross-reference
for Heading 2 (Section 2.02 etc. etc.), none of the Heading 2 numbered
paragraphs are showing for me to select in the "Numbered Items" selection
of
the Cross Reference Menu box. However, if I remove the Style Separator,
the
Heading 2 numbered paragraphs will appear. Does anyone have a solution or
can anyone explain to me what is happening? This is the only heading that
I'm using style separators on - all other headings/numbered paragraphs are
appearing. I truly believe this is a Style Separator issue but I'm not
sure
how to correct it. I hope this makes sense as right now I am truly
frustrated!!!