Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kaykay

Default Light gray square brackets appearing in MS Word docs

Hello...just wanted to thank you for explaining that so simply....it helped
me too!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Hi Bob,

The gray square brackets represent bookmarks. If you don't want to see them,
go to Tools Options View and uncheck the Bookmarks option.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Bob Boeri wrote:
If you mean the show/hide paragraph marks (the little reverse "p"
paragraph symbol), then that has no effect. I do not know what
"Show/Hide Editing Marks" are if they are not that. I do not see them
in the Tools Options (Edit or View) options either.

"Xero" wrote:

Are they editing marks?
Click the Show/Hide Editing Marks from the Standard toolbar.

--
Xero

http://www.chezjeff.net
My personal web portal

"bboeri" wrote:

I am getting occasional, random instances of pairs of light gray
square brackets around text, bullets, etc. in MS Word 2002 SP2.
They don't look like field codes, and I can't delete them. Any idea
what they are and how to remove them?