Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default help on searching for a word in a word document

Did you ask the question correctly? I can't imagine Word searching
documents that are _not_ open.

Also, I haven't found a way to run a single search over several
documents at once!

On Apr 23, 7:40*am, "sammy" wrote:
I am running 2003 word and I *have 8 or 9 documents open in the same folder
containing say 20 word documents.

I run the find command searching for a word in document but it only reports
the word or phrase found in the documents that I have not opened and not the
8 or 9 where the word or phrase exists also.

Do I need to install a patch and does this happen in 2007 word.

Thanks in advance

Sammy