Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Help With Cross References

It unlocks a field that has been locked (using Ctrl+F11). Now the puzzling
question is how the field got locked in the first place, unless you pressed
Ctrl+F11 by mistake for some other shortcut key.

"Smita" wrote in message
Damn that worked!! I was so frustrated with this.
What does Ctrl+Shift+F11 actually do?? Whats the magic in it??
Thank you so much.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You seem to have done everything correctly, so I am at a loss to explain
what is wrong unless the REF field is locked. Try selecting it and

pressing
Ctrl+Shift+F11, then F9 again. If that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.