Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Help With Cross References

The solution is not ever to use empty paragraphs to force something to the
paragraph as "Page break before." And any heading style should also be
formatted as "Keep with next" (Headings 1-4 have that formatting by
default).

"Smita" wrote in message
Ok.
Can I take the liberty to ask one more question which is bugging me??
I have a new paragraph with a heading (font is formatted as "heading 2")

in
the middle of a page. Now I want to take that paragraph to the beginning

of

time
I press "Enter" the paragraph goes down by one line. I keep pressing enter

so
that it goes to the beginning of the next page. But many times it doesn't
goto the beginning of the next page but suddenly at some point it jumps to
the middle of the next page. So I press backspace so that it may goto back
the start of that new page but it again jumps back to some place in the
and what is the solution??

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I've never experienced having it locked by default, so I don't think

that's
normal, but there's a good chance you'll never find out exactly what is
making this happen on your system. As long as you know how to fix it,

that
may be the best you can get.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Smita" wrote in message
I don't remember pressing (Ctrl+F11) anytime till today since I first

started
using my computer. I don't have any program that has Crtl+F11 as any

shortcut
key (also I can say that since Crl+F11 is such a rare shortcut key)
Also I tried doing the same in three other computers and all had the

same
problem......all of them had the field locked too!! It seems that the

field
is locked by default!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It unlocks a field that has been locked (using Ctrl+F11). Now the

puzzling
question is how the field got locked in the first place, unless you

pressed
Ctrl+F11 by mistake for some other shortcut key.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.