Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
smita smita is offline

Default Help With Cross References

That was cool!!
One more
During making the reference list I was numbering using the numbering button.
Now I want all the refernces to be lined in a straight line vertically. But
what happens is the references from 1 to 9 are lined up but the references
from number 10 onwards are moved to the right by a few spaces, then the
references from 100 up are moved to the right further. I tried changing the
parameters in "customize numbered list" in "Tab space after" as well as
"Indent at" but it messed it more. What is the right way to do it??

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Both "Page break before" and "Keep with next" are on the Line and Page
Breaks tab of Format | Paragraph.

"Smita" wrote in message
Hay thanks Suzanne.
.....format the paragraph as "Page break before."..... How do I do that??
You mean insert-break-break type-page break ??

.....any heading style should also be formatted as "Keep with

next".....You
said thats already there by default but if that wasn't the case how would

you
do it??

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

The solution is not ever to use empty paragraphs to force something to

paragraph as "Page break before." And any heading style should also be
formatted as "Keep with next" (Headings 1-4 have that formatting by
default).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Smita" wrote in message
Ok.
Can I take the liberty to ask one more question which is bugging me??
I have a new paragraph with a heading (font is formatted as "heading

2")
in
the middle of a page. Now I want to take that paragraph to the

beginning
of

Each
time
I press "Enter" the paragraph goes down by one line. I keep pressing

enter
so
that it goes to the beginning of the next page. But many times it

doesn't
goto the beginning of the next page but suddenly at some point it

jumps to
the middle of the next page. So I press backspace so that it may goto

back
the start of that new page but it again jumps back to some place in

happens
and what is the solution??