Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default How to italic certain words

If you italicize "et al.," be sure to include the period in the italics. But
note that there's no good reason for italicizing "et al." any more than,
say, "etc."

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Search for et al
replace with ^& - press CTRL+I with the cursor in the replace box.

Lamb Chop wrote:
Thanks jils, it works.

:-)

"jils" wrote in message
Lamb Chop wrote:
I want to change "et al" to italic for the whole docuemnt

For example, Peters et al change to Peters iet al /i

The "replace" function does not have any have format.

I use office2k.

Thanks

Find, Replace, then click on "more", at the bottom of the "find and
replace" dialog box there is a button titled "format".

hope that helps.