Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Default table cell alignment: can't center vertically

Do you have the Space Before or Space After settings of the Paragraph Format
set to different values?

For example you might have the paragraphs formatted with space after of 12
pts and space before and 0 pts.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"David Powell" wrote in message
news
(Word 2003). I created a table (TableInsertTable), highlighted all
cells,
right-clicked and selected "Cell Alignment". From the resulting display
of
alignments, I selected the cell in the middle row, on the left. I
expected
that this would mean text within my table cells would be vertically
centred,
left aligned. This is not happening. I can get horizontal alignment
changes, but not vertical. What should I do?