Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sue O'Donnell Sue O'Donnell is offline

Default TOC-part of paragraph only

I just found my answer in Susan Barnhill's article at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm. Thanks Susan. I should have
searched more thoroughly before I posted my question.

"Sue O'Donnell" wrote:

I'm creating a Table of Contents in Word and need to include the first
sentence in a paragraph, but not the rest of the paragraph. Due to style
requirements, I can't separate the initial sentence from the rest of the
paragraph with a paragraph return. Is there any way to include only the
initial sentence in the TOC? I've tried using character style, but that isn't
a feature that the TOC will support. The workaround is to style the entire
pargarph, pull it all in and manually delete all but the first sentence. I am
hoping there's a cleaner way to do this.