Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom Tom is offline

Default Turn Off MARKUP in Word 2003

I open a file and Markup is ON. I turn it off, save the file, close the file,
and reopen it - Markup is back ON.
I have located the below instructions and there is NOTHING in the Properties
box. It would appear that my document is different than the document who ever
wrote the instructions was using.

How do I get Markup to be turned OFF most of the time. I would like to be
able to turn it on only when I want it on.

"If you turn off change tracking in a document and change tracking is turned
on when you reopen the document, you may need to modify the file properties.
On the File menu, click Properties, and then click the Custom tab. In the
Properties box, click each item, click Delete, and then close the document.
When you open the document again, change tracking is turned off."