Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mkate Mkate is offline

Default Huge File Size Increase When Saving File to 2002 from 2003

Has anyone experienced increased file size when converting file from Office
2003 - to a 2002 format using the option to Save As Word 97-2003 &6.095 - RTF
format.

One file has increased from 3 MB to to 15 MBs and the other from 3+ MB to 62
MBs. Is there a way to reduce this file size increase when saving to a
previous Word version. I do not have the option to "Allow Fast Saves" turned
on. I am running Office 2003 and my customer requested Office 2002 version.
Is it possible to open a 2003 version in 2002 without saving to that format?

Any help is very much appreciated.

--
Mkate