Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
marthamemphis marthamemphis is offline

Default I want to start Page '1' on the 3rd page. HOW???????? HELP????

This does not work - I have tried it a zillion times! When you do a section
break - does it need to be "continuous"? If it is not continuous, it causes
an additional page break. If I have different footer on both page 2 and 3,
it gets even more complicated. Do I do my footers first? If I have no
footer on page 2, and a different footer on both 2 and 3, then I need page 3
to actually start numbering as page #1. I have tried everything.........I am
missing something! I think on page 2, I would put "different first page",
right? But, I can't put the same thing on the 2nd page. I have created a
dummy document and none of this is working.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll need a section break between pages 2 and 3, then just go to Format
Page Number and set it to Start at 1. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

"marthamemphis" wrote in message
I have huge documents -over 100 pages with different footers throughout.
I 'finally' figured out how to change the footer (best way is to go from

the
back of the document forward, but cannot get the document to work when I

need
to start numbering the 3rd page of the document as Page 1.