Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?bWljaGFlbDIwMDU=?=,

I would like to create a table style that includes exact positioning relative
to the page it is inserted on (for example, I would like my tbl style to
always be placed in a precise position at the top of the page where it is
inserted).

However, when I create a Word Table style the "Positioning" and "Preferred
width" settings are grayed out. Therefore perhaps this isn't supported...

That's correct. A Table style basically includes anything that can be done with
an AutoFormat. I'd say, create an AutoText entry for this and insert the
AutoText entry whenever you need that special kind of table. Your other option
is to program it in a macro.

No idea about your second question, although you could experiment with exporting
to HTML format, using various options in Tools/Options/General/Web options.

It would be possible to create the styles in a separate document, or template,
then move them to the "target" later, with the Organizer tool. Hard to say,
without understanding more about how this whole thing is supposed to fit
together.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org