Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
abbagirl abbagirl is offline

Default Problem with cutting/pasting using Ctrl shortcuts

I use alot of Word docs in my transcription job and was always able to
copy/paste these docs into my job's inbox by just clicking inside the
document (usually many pages worth) and then doing Ctrl A and then Ctrl C,
which of course highlighted the entire doc in blue and then I could paste it
into where it needed to go....

Recently, however, for no reason whatsoever and I have done nothing new to
my Word system, this does not work....all i get is a "boink" type sound when
I try to do this. And nothing happens. I really need this function, as now
I am having to do the highlight thing with the mouse and then hold and tab up
and this is taking alot of needless time!

Any thoughts as to why and how to get back this feature of copying and
pasting using the Ctrl A and C buttons? I just now tried the Word "help"
feature and went to their shortcuts section and it said to use Ctrl C and
then Ctrl V but even this is not working.....

any thoughts or help is appreciated. Please email me privately as I get the
messages faster!

thanks!