Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Excel-MS Word Mail Merge open error

You receive the "Opening this will run the following SQL command" message
when you open a Word mail merge main document that is linked to a data
source - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765

Chila 10-22-07 wrote:
I created a mail merge document using MS excel for others to use. I
selected a range in the excel file as the data source. When others
open the MS Word document, the following message appears "Opening
this document will run the following SWL command:"
Select * from the range I filtered data...
Data from your database will be placed in the document. Do you want
to continue?

Each time they open the file, the message above appears. When I open
the file, I do not get the message. Why does this happen and how can
I fix it?

Chila 10-22-07 9:26am