Herb Tyson [MVP]

Does your document contain form fields?

When you set up a form, there are two types of information. One is the fixed
text. This corresponds to what's on the pre-printed form. When you protect a
document for forms entry, the fixed text is now inaccessible to the user and
can't be changed.

The other type of information consists of form fields. These are the places
that are reserved for user entry. When a document is protected for forms,
the user can enter text only in those places that are provided.

When you choose the "Print data only for forms" option, the fixed text is
suppressed, and only the form fields data gets printed.

From your question, it's not clear that this is what you were doing. Press
F1 and type "forms" and press Enter. Click on "Create forms that users
complete in Word" for additional help.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
"Ken" wrote in message
I have created a Word template that is formatted to a pre-printed form.
So,
I want to only print the data entered into the fields to print on the form
in
the printer.

When I select the option in File|Print|Options "Print data only for
forms",
the printer spits out a blank page. Why?

I've tried different ways of creating the document, protected,
unprotected... I don't know. Please advise.

Ken