Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Legal Pleading Paper and Line Spacing

That's the way I do it as well. I don't think it's going to help the OP with
line numbers, though.

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Oct 13, 1:01 pm, The DEW wrote:
I would think that there should be a more conventional way to solve this
problem than this. I tried this "text box' Fix-it and this doesn't

solve the
problem - the line numbers on the left still go to single space when I

switch
to single space in the text-box. Surely someone out there must be using

this
template and knows how to handle this ...... one cannot file a pleading

with
the caption box for the parties double-spaced !!!! Help!

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote:
You might try putting the plaintiffs and defendants in text boxes
formatted as "in front of text". Line spacing in text boxes can be
different from the paragraph the text box is anchored to.

The DEW wrote:

When typing the parties in the caption, the lines default to double

spaced.
When I convert to single space - the line numbers on the left side

of the
pleading also go to single spacing. I need to keep double spacing

on the
line numbers on the left but get single spacing in the caption

setting forth
the plaintiffs and defendants ..... How do I do this ??? .....

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

I do legal pleadings all the time and setup custom pleading templates
for my legal clients. I prefer to use tables for the caption, setting
the borders to none so that you don't see the lines of the table.
Then you can format each cell as you like it, and that formatting can
be completely different from the body of the pleading as well. Hope
that helps!

Britt Lorish Knuttgen
President/Legal Technology Consultant
Automated Horizons, Inc.