Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Default File replaced by another file while saving. Anyway to get back the first file?

... or remembering to rename BEFORE editing.. :-)

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Chuck Davis" newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com wrote in message

"meth" wrote in message
I'm running Word 2003. I made a mistake. I created my first document
and saved it. My second file uses the same format so I just edit on
the first file. But I forget to give a different name when saving.
Now is there any way to get the first file back?

I see there are a bunch of *.tmp file on the directory I saved the
file. Anyway to open them up and see if I can get something back?

Happyness is a recent backup!