Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default what are these asian features in word 2002?

Leonard F Kiesling wrote:

using new dell vista desktop. i installed my 2002 word from my 2004
works suite. there was a trial microsoft office small business edition
trial version already installed by dell, which i believe had word 2003.
i did not follow through with the trial activation, entering the trial
product key code, when i opened the word program. i ran into difficulty
when i tried downloading a calendar wizard from the microsoft office
site. it opened the trial word program, which displayed the product id
code box. i cancelled out, & then uninstalled the whole trial office
package in add/remove.

now i see in the 2002 an "asian layout" under format, & "japanese
consistency checker" under toolslanguages.

are these items supposed to be there? is there a way to remove them?
under change text direction, there are asian letters next to english in
the orientation boxes.

or, should i just uninstall the 2002 & re-install?

thank you. len kiesling