Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Default Properly oriented pages when printing a 2sided trifold brochur

One of the ones I use calls it "Book" or "Tablet".

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
As others have pointed out, none of this terminology is part of Word. The
printer Properties are produced by the printer driver (being able to
access them from Word's Print dialog is just a convenience), and each
printer manufacturer will have different terminology, as you've
discovered.

"clc2" wrote in message
Stop the presses! Make the correct staple side for duplex trifold
brochures
- "Short-side stapling (Top)

"clc2" wrote:

Thanks, Suzanne. What finally worked was going to the "Page Setup" tab
in
the "Canon MP610 series Printing Preferences" window, then choosing
"Long-side stapling (Left) below the checked duplex printing box. So
Canon
would seem to have moved from the original idea of "fliping on the long
edge"
to "Stapling on the long edge."

Office almost always provides a way, but it's not always obvious to the
user
who only gets to some of the features occasionally. I never found it in
the
knowledge base or in "Help."

Best regards,

Chuck

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You'll need to check the duplex settings in your printer Properties.
There's
usually a choice of whether to "flip" on the long or short edge. In
this
case, you need to flip on the short edge.

"clc2" wrote in message
I've created a nice looking two-sided tri-fold brochure, but when I
print
it
in duplex mode on my printer, one side of the page prints "upside
down."
That is, when the print is right side up on one side, it's reversed
on the
other.

How do I fix this?