tampauser1180 tampauser1180 is offline
Junior Member

Red face Format up to, but not including, punctuation

I used to have access to a program that did a lot of nice formatting using multi-level numbering. Now I really miss them because I format a lot of long documents. Can anyone provide a macro that will, inside a specific style, format only up to the punctuation mark? I did try to search but didn't find a similar thread - if I've just missed it - my apologies in advance.

For example, in my outline, I have this paragraph:

Title. This is the first, last, and only sentence in this paragraph.

This paragraph has, let's say, a style called "Title" applied to it. I want to scan the document and only when the paragraph is styled with Title, I want this to display as:

(bold)(underline)Title(end underline)(end bold). This is the first, last, and only paragraph.

Points:
The period after the word 'title' should not be bold.
Other punctuation after the first period should not be modified.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!