Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ev@ ev@ is offline

Default Replacing selected text

Thanks a lot - this works for 2007 as well:

Word options/Advanced/Editing options/Typing replaces selected text

(I struggled with this for 8 hours...)

Eva

***

Tristazee skrev:

Thanks! That is exactly what I needed

"Tristazee" wrote:

In Word 2003: I used to be able to select text and then start typing and
Word would replace the selected text with what I was typing. Now when I
select text and begin typing, Word inserts the new letters next to the
selected text. I don't know why it changed. I would like to know how to
change it back. [Pressing the 'insert' button doesn't make a difference]
Thanks