Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
srm

Default Mail Merge Using Tabs

Using Office 2003, XPP. I'm completing a mail merge using Excel and
Word. What I have are two lines one of which references a wire
transfer fee and the other is sales tax. If the condition is met,
either the wire transfer fee or the sales tax is printed (never both).
For each line I have indented the text on the left and have the costs
of the wire transfer fee and tax right justified. Now my question.

I always end up with either one or two additional blank lines (if no
wire transfer or sales tax) which pushes the total line down. The
blank line is the right justification of the costs but not value
printed. I tried entering multiple tab locations on one line, but no
luck. I an unsing the Paragraph mark to remove the blank lines and
this seems to work to a point.

Any idea how to remove the lines when there is no value for the total
cost.

Thanks

Shawn