Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Default Why Does it Repaginate On Format Change?

I'm running Word 2003 in Windows XP Professional (5.1). I have created a
150-page document with a 90-page table.

In one column of the table, I needed to add a hanging indent to about 1/4 of
the cells. I didn't bother to create a new named style for the hanging
indent; I just set an indent on one cell and then used Ctrl-Shift-C and
Ctrl-Shift-V to copy the formatting to subsequent cells.

Now, whenever I paste the formatting to a new cell, I get a message that
says "Word is repaginating . . ." and I need to wait a few seconds until the
repagination is complete. Anybody out there know if there's a way to avoid
this repagination?

Thanks,

Fred