Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Why Does it Repaginate On Format Change?

Switch to Normal view; then go to Tools Options View and uncheck
Background Repagination. (This option is checked and grayed out when you're
in Print Layout view.)

For other hints, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/FastTables.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Idaho Word Man wrote:
I'm running Word 2003 in Windows XP Professional (5.1). I have
created a 150-page document with a 90-page table.

In one column of the table, I needed to add a hanging indent to about
1/4 of the cells. I didn't bother to create a new named style for the
hanging indent; I just set an indent on one cell and then used
Ctrl-Shift-C and Ctrl-Shift-V to copy the formatting to subsequent
cells.

Now, whenever I paste the formatting to a new cell, I get a message
that says "Word is repaginating . . ." and I need to wait a few
seconds until the repagination is complete. Anybody out there know
if there's a way to avoid this repagination?

Thanks,

Fred