Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
macropod macropod is offline

Default Formulas in Tables

Hi kr,

COUNTIF is an Excel function - it doesn't exist in Word. AFAIK, you can't use a Word field to test the state of a checkbox. If you
were to use dropdown boxes, with the user choosing a number from the drop-down list, you could test those values with a field.

Cheers

--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"kr" wrote in message ...
Can a countif function be used in a table in Word? I have a table that has
columns of checkboxes. At the bottom of each column is a cell I use for
totals. I would like the cell to be updated with a number for checkbox that
has been checked. I see the Count and If functions, but just don't know how
to use or construct the formula. Please help. Thank you!