Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
JM Attero

Default Using a smaller subset of merge fields

Hello:
I have created a Word document to potential sellers of real estate offering
to buy their home. I have a data source created in Word which lists all of
the owners of the 300 houses in an area in which I would like to purchase
properties. I know how to merge the two to create 300 merged letters. I would
like to send letters ONLY to a subset of the data source. In other words,
let's say I wish to send letters to the 8 vacant homes I have found in my
driving around the neighborhood. How do I go about doing a mail merge where
only those 8 houses would be selected as the data source? Thanks in advance.
--
JMA