Chris Wool Chris Wool is offline
Junior Member

Okay--found a link to the thread.

http://www.wordbanter.com/showthread.php?t=89336

Lene Fredborg's original macro post is he

Lene Fredborg

How do I suppress the 'print outside margins' error?

You need a macro to prevent the warning. When you have Word, I am quite sure
you also have VBA - it is included. See the links at the end of this post for
help on installing macros.

If you install one of the macros below, you can use that macro when you
print documents like the one you describe and use the standard Print command
for "normal" documents.

Two different macro versions are included below. Both macro versions
suppress the margins warning. If you add one of the macros to your
Normal.dot, you can use that macro for printing your special documents. You
could assign a keyboard shortcut to the macro or assign the macro to a
toolbar button in order to make it easy to print your documents.

------------------------
Macro 1- prints the active document without showing the Print dialog box:

Sub Print_ShowNoWarning_1()
With Application
'Turn off DisplayAlerts
.DisplayAlerts = wdAlertsNone
'Print document
'Background print must be turned off to prevent message
.PrintOut Background:=False
'Turn on DisplayAlerts again
.DisplayAlerts = wdAlertsAll
End With
End Sub

------------------------
Macro 2 - shows the Print dialog box. Use this version if you want to be
able to specify other print settings:

Sub Print_ShowNoWarning_2()
Dim bPrintBackgroud As Boolean

'Save current setting of background printing
bPrintBackgroud = Options.PrintBackground

Options.PrintBackground = False
'Turn off DisplayAlerts
Application.DisplayAlerts = wdAlertsNone
Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrint).Show
'Turn on DisplayAlerts again
Application.DisplayAlerts = wdAlertsAll

'Set original background printing setting
Options.PrintBackground = bPrintBackgroud
End Sub