Daiya Mitchell

On 1/25/05 3:44 PM, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I don't think you can change the outline levels of the built-in heading
styles, and a duplicate style would not have a place in the outline-numbered
list.

Nope, sure can't. Shoulda checked that.

In that case, Steve, perhaps you should build your TOC with TC fields, which
lets you mark each heading individually for inclusion in the TOC. A little
more work--but actually, probably about equivalent to manually removing the
outline level from the headings you didn't want.

The link you received earlier will tell you how to use TC fields. We appear
to have gone in circles. Am I missing something?

However, TC fields don't appear to pick up direct numbering--will they pick
up style-based numbering? (Suzanne?)

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/