Jezebel

NEVER save directly to floppy. It leads to corrupt documents and often to
unrecoverably corrupt disks as well, which is probably what has happened in
your case. Save the document to hard disk, then use Windows Explorer or My
Computer to copy to file to the floppy.

But also check if the floppy itself is write-protected: it's the sliding tab
in the corner.

"mickey h" mickey wrote in message
I always have been able to save documents in Word (2000) to a floppy. Now,
when I try to do that, I get a message "The location you are trying to
save
to is write protected". I don't know how it got write protected and how I
can change it. Can anyone help please?
Thanks