Dovid

Thanks for this however i have already tried it and when it tries to insert
in window i get 'Convert file' dialogue box. I have tried 2 of the possibles
in the box and the message is always the same. 'An error occurred whilst
importing this file'. I did not have this problem with office XP. I am trying
a trial version of 2003 but assume that is not the reason.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It should not be necessary to *open* them. You don't need to open them
unless you want to edit them, and for that you need a photo editing
application. To use them in Word, use Insert | Picture | From File, navigate
to where you have the JPEG stored, and double-click on it (or select it and
click Insert).

"Dovid" wrote in message
I have recieved jpeg files from a colleague who uses a mac system.

initially
when i tried to open them i was told there is no program associated to

them.
Eventually i managed to get them open but find i am unable to import them
into office applications such as word. Appreciate how to get round this. i
have the latest updates of windows xp and office 2003. thanks